At Mars Hill Academy we use the classical method of education built upon the three subjects of the Trivium (grammar, logic, rhetoric), and we teach all subjects from a thoroughly Christian perspective. Classical Christian education is intentionally structured to follow a child’s natural development and saturated in truths rooted in Scripture. A biblical worldview is integrated into all of our courses.
Mars Hill Academy is dedicated to helping our students master the art of learning. It is our goal to provide a very broad education across a variety of subjects, and through these subjects, to teach students the essential skills to become life-long learners and to bring glory to God.
Watch a brief video about classical education at MHA.
- Traditional classical subjects including Latin, Grammar, Logic, and Rhetoric.
- Reading, writing, and spelling using the explicitly phonetic approach of the Riggs-Spalding Method and a thorough English grammar curriculum, including sentence diagramming, to provide a solid foundation for composition.
- A mathematics program culminating in AP-level Calculus, and a complete science program in grades 3-12.
- Bible classes in grades K-12, in addition to integrated teaching from a Christian worldview across our entire curriculum.
- An interdisciplinary humanities curriculum in grades 9-12.
- Historically, 25% of Mars Hill Academy seniors have been recognized by the National Merit Scholarship program, placing them among the top 3% of graduating seniors nationwide.
- See our academic profile for more details and college matriculations of our graduates.
- Read our 2015-2016 Academic Highlights for last year's standardized test scores and student academic awards.